Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maureen Maureen is offline

Default data from access to word

I have data in MS Access and I want to bring some of it into an MS Word
document. But I want to have it put into columns. How do I tell it
to fill the data into 2 columns before going to the next line.

Access data is in one field
123
ABC
DEF
345

In Word I want it to look like this:
123 ABC
DEF 345

How do I do it? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a catalog (or in Word XP and later it is called directory) type
mailmerge main document to which you attach your table in Access as the data
source and in the mail merge main document insert a one row, two column
table and insert the mergefield in each cell of that table and before the
mergefield in column two, insert a Next Record field. Then when you
execute the merge to a new document, that document will contain a table with
the data organised as you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.