Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. Peeg Mr. Peeg is offline

Default MS Office Professional 2000

1. I lost Pro 2000 in a fire. My insurance company said I should check with
MS for a replacement. Is this true?

2. Will Office 2000 Pro work with VISTA? I lost two computers in the fire
necessitating replacement with VISTA computers.

Thanks
Ike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

1. Microsoft will only replace retail copies HOWEVER Office 2000 is too old
for them to replace it. (I'm not even sure if they will replace Office XP
disks now.) Your insurance company needs to come up with the funds for you
to get Office 2007 - assuming you have replacement value and not actual cash
value. Cash value of Office 2000 is chump change these days.

2. I believe I've heard it works but with some issues. If you check the
archives of the Office.misc newsgroup, you'll probably find the information
you need.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]