Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default using envelope option on protected template

I have created a template for all of our users with the header and footer
sections password protected. When they open the template and add content to
the centre, unprotected area the option for creating Envelopes and Labels is
greyed out. If I unprotect it the option is available. We would really
prefer to keep the header and footer protected but they have to be able to
create envelopes. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could use a template - samples on my web site - to create the envelope,
or you could include the code to unlock and re-lock the document either side
of the letter function. However, if all you have the protection for is to
prevent access to the header, then frankly I wouldn't bother. Any of your
staff who want to circumvent the protection can do so easily and it simply
gets in the way as you have found.