Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Molly Molly is offline

Default Automatic Spell Checker

I don't know why, but the automatic spell checker (that flags misspelled
words as you type) for my Word 2007 has mysteriously turned off. Does anyone
know how to turn it back on. I have searched all through the menus and
cannot find the "on/off" button for this option. Please Help me! Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "on/off" button is at Office Button | Word Options | Proofing: "Check
spelling as you type." Sometimes Word will turn this feature off by itself
if you have too many "misspelled" words for it to keep track of.