Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
5tulips 5tulips is offline

Default Suppress capitalization of first word when entering

I'm building a multi-page reference document where I have to list passwords
and other words which must be case-sensitive.

Is there a shortcut to prevent capitalization of the first word when I
enter to the next line?

--
5tulips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

In case of Word 2003:
You can turn off Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoCorrect tab Capitalize
first letter of sentences.

In Word 2007, you will find the AutoCorrect functionality he
Office button Word Options Proofing AutoCorrect Options button (top of
the dialog box). Click the AutoCorrect tab and you will se the dialog box
known from previous versions of Word.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"5tulips" wrote:

I'm building a multi-page reference document where I have to list passwords
and other words which must be case-sensitive.

Is there a shortcut to prevent capitalization of the first word when I
enter to the next line?

--
5tulips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
5tulips 5tulips is offline

Thank you. I guess I looked at everything but that. I'm back to work.
--
5tulips
-----------

:
: In Word 2007, you will find the AutoCorrect functionality he
: Office button Word Options Proofing AutoCorrect Options button (top
of
: the dialog box). Click the AutoCorrect tab and you will se the dialog box
: known from previous versions of Word.
:
: --
: Regards
: Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)
: DocTools - Denmark
: www.thedoctools.com
: Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word
:
:
: "5tulips" wrote:
:
: I'm building a multi-page reference document where I have to list
passwords
: and other words which must be case-sensitive.
:
: Is there a shortcut to prevent capitalization of the first word when I
: enter to the next line?
:
: --
: 5tulips
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
5tulips 5tulips is offline

Except - now, when I type several words, the space between each word acts
like a tab (words are far apart and act like they are right aligned)
And I had forgotten to say I'm using Office 2000.
--
5tulips

"5tulips" wrote in message
: Thank you. I guess I looked at everything but that. I'm back to work.
: --
: 5tulips
: -----------
:
: "Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
: ...
:: In case of Word 2003:
:: You can turn off Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoCorrect tab
: Capitalize
:: first letter of sentences.
::
:: In Word 2007, you will find the AutoCorrect functionality he
:: Office button Word Options Proofing AutoCorrect Options button (top
: of
:: the dialog box). Click the AutoCorrect tab and you will se the dialog box
:: known from previous versions of Word.
::
:: --
:: Regards
:: Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)
:: DocTools - Denmark
:: www.thedoctools.com
:: Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word
::
::
:: "5tulips" wrote:
::
:: I'm building a multi-page reference document where I have to list
: passwords
:: and other words which must be case-sensitive.
::
:: Is there a shortcut to prevent capitalization of the first word when I
:: enter to the next line?
::
:: --
:: 5tulips
::
::
::
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Go to autocorrect options and clear the checkboxes for _capitalize the first
letter of sentences_ and _capitalize the first letter of table cells_ and in
autoformat as you type, clear the box for _Format the beginning of list item
like the one before it_. It's a good idea to look at all of the autocorrect
options and enable or disable the ones that suit your needs.

PamC

5tulips wrote:
I'm building a multi-page reference document where I have to list passwords
and other words which must be case-sensitive.

Is there a shortcut to prevent capitalization of the first word when I
enter to the next line?

--
5tulips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
5tulips 5tulips is offline

Fixed it. Somehow, it also turned on full justify.
--
5tulips
"5tulips" wrote in message
: Except - now, when I type several words, the space between each word acts
: like a tab (words are far apart and act like they are right aligned)
: And I had forgotten to say I'm using Office 2000.
: --
: 5tulips
:
:
: "5tulips" wrote in message
: ...
:: Thank you. I guess I looked at everything but that. I'm back to work.
:: --
:: 5tulips
:: -----------
::
:: "Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
:: ...
::: In case of Word 2003:
::: You can turn off Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoCorrect tab
:: Capitalize
::: first letter of sentences.
:::
::: In Word 2007, you will find the AutoCorrect functionality he
::: Office button Word Options Proofing AutoCorrect Options button
(top
:: of
::: the dialog box). Click the AutoCorrect tab and you will se the dialog
box
::: known from previous versions of Word.
:::
::: --
::: Regards
::: Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)
::: DocTools - Denmark
::: www.thedoctools.com
::: Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word
:::
:::
::: "5tulips" wrote:
:::
::: I'm building a multi-page reference document where I have to list
:: passwords
::: and other words which must be case-sensitive.
:::
::: Is there a shortcut to prevent capitalization of the first word when
::: enter to the next line?
:::
::: --
::: 5tulips