TechWriter

Default How come my backspace key won't deleted highlighted text?

I am working in Office 2003 and all of a sudden when I highlight text and
then try to delete it with the backspace key, it doesn't work. I have
reloaded office, I have tried a different keyboard. I don't know if this is a
Microsoft issue or a hardware problem. Help!
Doug Robbins

Under ToolsOptionsEdit, check the box against "Typing replaces selection"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP