toyfag

Default how do I get the Text Recovery Converter Add-in into my Open file

I need to open a file with Tect recovery converteradd-in in the open dialog
box but colud not find it the how then do I do this or download it?
Anne Troy

I dont' think it's an add-in, it's just "Recover text from any file" as the
Files of Type in the File Open dialog. Are you saying it's not there? Then
perhaps a complete (re)installation of Word is in order.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"toyfag" wrote in message
I need to open a file with Tect recovery converteradd-in in the open dialog
box but colud not find it the how then do I do this or download it?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Probably no need to reinstall the whole thing.

Have your installation CD/DVD available, choose Start - Settings - Control
Panel - Add or Remove Programs - Microsoft Office [version], etc.

Assuming you're using Office 2003, click on MS Office 2003 in the list of
programs, then click Change - Add or Remove Features - Next - enable Choose
Advanced Customization... - Next - Expand Office/Office Shared
Features/Converters and Filters/Text Converters, and set Recover Text
Convert to Run All From My Computer. Click Update and follow the prompts.

If you're using Office 2002 or earlier, the steps are similar, but not
identical. But, it's largely intuitive.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"toyfag" wrote in message
I need to open a file with Tect recovery converteradd-in in the open
dialog
box but colud not find it the how then do I do this or download it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kotee kotee is offline

toyfag;5216597 Wrote:
I need to open a file with Tect recovery converteradd-in in the open
dialog
box but colud not find it the how then do I do this or download it?

kldjafklahkl; da'flj adfajl ;d'fa

--
kotee

End/FootNote text style Shaun Page Layout 4 July 5th 05 04:36 PM
How to select paragraph between tow specified words? ALIOX Microsoft Word Help 1 June 28th 05 08:56 AM
MS Word 2002 repeatedly get Must save using text converter - why GerryP777 Microsoft Word Help 2 May 12th 05 01:01 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Text Recovery and Open & Repair in WD 2003? UserRAW1975 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 03:00 AM