Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
roscoe

Default How do I copy a word file from hard drive to CD?

All I want to do is copy my Microsoft Word Document to my CD. How do I do
this step by step. Also why is this so much more complicated than it seems to
need to be?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon

"roscoe" wrote in message
All I want to do is copy my Microsoft Word Document to my CD. How do I do
this step by step. Also why is this so much more complicated than it seems
need to be?

Right-click on file, select "send to CD". What's complicated about that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

That isn't but I'd be willing to bet the OP is trying to do a Save As within
Word, which cannot be done.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gordon" wrote in message
"roscoe" wrote in message
All I want to do is copy my Microsoft Word Document to my CD. How do I do
this step by step. Also why is this so much more complicated than it
seems to
need to be?

Right-click on file, select "send to CD". What's complicated about that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve Hayes

On Mon, 29 May 2006 14:28:02 -0700, roscoe
wrote:

All I want to do is copy my Microsoft Word Document to my CD. How do I do
this step by step. Also why is this so much more complicated than it seems to
need to be?

The same way as you copy any other file to CD.

First, make sure the CD is formatted. If you use Windows XP, go to the thingy
that is usually called "My computer". It should give you a list of disk
drives.

Right click on the CD drive, and one of the options is "Format". Click it, and
it will warn you that formatting will erase everything. If it's a new CD,
that's OK.

When formatting is complete, a new window will open showing the contents of
the D drive. Leve it on screen, and go back to the other window, and click on
the drive letter that has your Word file. Navigate to the file, left click on
the file name, and drag it accross to the other window (the CD window).

You should find your Word file there.

Works for me, but your mileage may vary. If it doesn't work, ask in a
newsgroup devoted to your operating system.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

The best and safest way of doing this is to use your CD mastering software
eg Nero and create a multisession data disc. Add the file(s) to the disc
using that software.