Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
linde linde is offline

Default How do I get Convert on the the office button menu?

The Office Button should show: New, Open, Print, Save and so forth. The
training manual indicated Convert was also there...it isn't!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Convert will be shown there only if you're editing a file in "compatibility
mode".

Try this. Create a new document, then choose Office - Save As - Word 97-2003
document.

Now, click the Office button. Convert should now appear. Once you've clicked
Convert (which isn't the only way to convert, by the way) and have converted
it into a .docx (Word 2007) file, Convert will now disappear from the Office
"menu".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"linde" wrote in message
The Office Button should show: New, Open, Print, Save and so forth. The
training manual indicated Convert was also there...it isn't!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Sornberger[_2_] Scott Sornberger[_2_] is offline

I'm certainly not an expert.
I opened a 2003 Word document.
I then clicked the office button and "Convert" is now there.