Kevin

Default Excel Column Labels and mail merge

Does mail merge support using the labels defined within Excel as the Header
field? I would think that it does, but when I attach to the Excel file it
doesn't automatically map, but instead shows me the first record and I have
to then manually map it, i.e.:

John
Doe
1000 Main St
Anytown
IA
50001

This isn't the worst thing in the world, but I'd prefer to have MailMerge
recognize the labels as it seems it would streamline the process -- I have
this fields labelled as First Name, Last Name, etc.

I am using Windows XP, Office XP.

Doug Robbins

You should forget about using the Address Block and place the individual
merge fields where you want them.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP