Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RayC RayC is offline

Default Chapter start - no H1 number wanted, but TOC-1 numbered entry want

I would like my Word 2003 doc to have a numbered TOC entry in it (based on
H1), but on the page that starts the chaper, I would like a chapter title (no
number) that is the same as the H1 TOC entry. Currently I am having to put a
H1 line on the chapter page, and repeating the chapter title text above the
H1 text looks a bit silly.
The layout is:
TOC1/2/3 at the start of the doc (based on H1/2/3)
Chapter page:
Chapter text (like "Getting Started")
H1 line (to get the TOC emtry)
H2 line & text, and so on.
Hiding the H1 entry (via hidden text) is no good - it also gets hidden from
the TOC. Can I display hidden text in the TOC? Or can I turn numbering off
just for the display of H1 in my doc (when I can then use it as the chapter
title).
Thanks for any help.