Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lavendor16

Default "save as" not responding

"save as" has been working fine in the past for me, but for some reason i
can't use "save as" to save my documents to my usb anymore. everytime i want
to save the document, and i click on the usb link in the folder, the system
stops. Then the screen goes "save as not responding". does anyone know
what's wrong, and how i can fix it? thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Your problem is almost certainly a recent Window update.

For immediate purposes, go to the Add/Remove programs control panel and
click on the box to show updates (top right). Down near the bottom are
Windows updates. You are looking for "Security Update for Windows XP
(KB908531)". Unistall this.

Keep reading these newsgroups and search for that number. You will see other
things you can do as well.

The update works for some people, including me, without problems for others
it causes the problems you are seeing.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"lavendor16" wrote in message
"save as" has been working fine in the past for me, but for some reason i
can't use "save as" to save my documents to my usb anymore. everytime i
want
to save the document, and i click on the usb link in the folder, the
system
stops. Then the screen goes "save as not responding". does anyone know
what's wrong, and how i can fix it? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Murat

Dear Charles,
Thank you so much for your kind help and information.It was really big
problem for me.But right now everything is okay again.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

This is good, but you should try reinstalling the update and following the
instructions at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4143b42d0c3ca2
and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165. If they work for you, you
get to keep the security offered by the patch and still use your system.
--

"Murat" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Baptist Preacher

Charles, I haven't read through all of your referenced links but I did get
enough info to effect a solution. On comment I saw referenced HP product
(don't remember if it was one of your threads or not)

Anyway, being an HP user, I went to HP support. THey gave me a patch which
seems to have fixed the save as problem (I am a cynic, so I am sure I lost
soemthing in the process, but I don't know what it is yet.)

I will deal with that when I discover it, but as for now, any HP users
should go to HP support for a "fix"

Thanks for your experience and insight.

"Murat" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

That is nice of HP since it is their software that is causing the problem.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Baptist Preacher" Baptist wrote in
message ...

"Murat" wrote in message
[...]

Word quits responding when I attempt to "save as" a file Hixton Marlene Microsoft Word Help 3 April 16th 06 01:08 AM
"Save as" changes file name in Word 2000 JayJay Microsoft Word Help 0 April 11th 06 09:15 PM
"Save As" dialogs very very slow [email protected] New Users 0 March 28th 06 02:30 PM
Slow "Save As" PT New Users 0 March 24th 06 12:29 AM
"Save as" freezes Goodolboy Microsoft Word Help 1 December 17th 05 07:19 PM