Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJP JJP is offline

Default "save as" command missing

I have WORD 2003 and the "save as" command is missing from the pull down menu.
Save is there, but SAVE AS is not. I can "save as" by using F12, but the
command used to be there under FILE SAVE.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The first thing to try: Go to Tools Customize - Toolbars, click the name of
the Menu Bar (not its checkbox), then click the Reset button. If that
doesn't work go back to the same dialog's Commands page, select File in the
Categories list, then drag the Save As command from the Commands list to its
rightful position in the actual File menu.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"JJP" wrote in message
I have WORD 2003 and the "save as" command is missing from the pull down
menu.
Save is there, but SAVE AS is not. I can "save as" by using F12, but the
command used to be there under FILE SAVE.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJP JJP is offline

Thanks! RESET did not work,, but dragging did. Too simple. I should have
known that, but I didn't, even after 20 years of using WORD. Showing my
ignorance.
Thanks again.

"JJP" wrote in message
I have WORD 2003 and the "save as" command is missing from the pull down
menu.
Save is there, but SAVE AS is not. I can "save as" by using F12, but the
command used to be there under FILE SAVE.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

No Problem1 Glad it was that easy - and thanks for confirming.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones