Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Connie Martin Connie Martin is offline

Default "Replace All" Cancels Formatting

I have formatted a column to text. Currently in the column is a list copy
and pasted from MAS 500. Contents of each cell look something like this:
SO-0000001016. With the column formatted as text, I did Edit/Replace,
replacing SO- with nothing, intending to remove simply the SO- and leave the
six zeros. However, it wipes out the six zeros, as well, leaving simply
1016. If I manually remove SO- on every number, the six zeros remain. What
gives?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you are describing shouldn't happen in Word. If, by any chance, you are
performing a Find & Replace within an embedded Excel spreadsheet, cell
formatting could be the cause.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
I have formatted a column to text. Currently in the column is a list copy
and pasted from MAS 500. Contents of each cell look something like this:
SO-0000001016. With the column formatted as text, I did Edit/Replace,
replacing SO- with nothing, intending to remove simply the SO- and leave
the
six zeros. However, it wipes out the six zeros, as well, leaving simply
1016. If I manually remove SO- on every number, the six zeros remain.
What
gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, that certainly explains why the zeros disapperad. :-)

Thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP