Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dgarza dgarza is offline

Default "Save As" location when opening a Word attach in OL 2007 - Word200

When someone sends a Word attachment in email (OL2007) and it is opened in
Word 2007 (by double-clicking), then you want to save it by using the Office
Button Save As, the default location is My Documents...how can I change this
behavior to another location?

I have changed the default file location in Word Options and in the
following registry location for OL2007:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\O utlook\Options]
"DefaultPath"="\\\\Server\\Volume\\Folder\\Folder\ \"

The only time the "Save As" selection brings up "My Documents" is when an
attachment is opened in Outlook 2007. In every other instance the correct
File Server location is opened.