Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BruceG

Default "Save as" instruction

All of a sudden , the command "save as" has stopped working in my Word 2003.
Other instructions appear to be still w9orking fine. Any ideas, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"BruceG" wrote:

All of a sudden , the command "save as" has stopped working in my Word 2003.
Other instructions appear to be still w9orking fine. Any ideas, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BMC

If you mean Word hangs when you select FileSaveAs (and also FileOpen), it's
a problem many have had the last couple of days as a consequence of a MS
Hotfix.

You can remove the offending update from Add/Remove Programs, where it shows
as "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)". Make sure the "show updates"
box at the top is ticked or you won't see hotfixes in the list.

If this isn't the problem you are having, leave it installed.

"BruceG" wrote:

All of a sudden , the command "save as" has stopped working in my Word 2003.
Other instructions appear to be still w9orking fine. Any ideas, please?

slow response to select different folder on "save as" dialog box wkwben Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 06 03:57 PM
"Save As" dialogs very very slow [email protected] New Users 0 March 28th 06 02:30 PM
Slow "Save As" PT New Users 0 March 24th 06 12:29 AM
Word "Save as" saves over original insead of making new doc john mcmichael Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 04:14 PM
"Save as" freezes Goodolboy Microsoft Word Help 1 December 17th 05 07:19 PM