Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Default "permanent" bars

I have difficulty with a certain function in Word.

To the left of the Backspace button, there is a key that hsa the "+" and "="
symbols on them.

If you start at the beginning of a new line of text and hold down the "="
key to the very end of the line, a dual-lined black bar appears which becomes
seemingly IMPOSSIBLE to delete. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid
of these stupid bars as they've been frustrating me to no end. I originally
used them simply to separate parts of some of my Word documents, but little
did I know how much difficulty I'd soon find in trying to delete them. Any
help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:21:01 -0700, Dave
wrote:

I have difficulty with a certain function in Word.

To the left of the Backspace button, there is a key that hsa the "+" and "="
symbols on them.

If you start at the beginning of a new line of text and hold down the "="
key to the very end of the line, a dual-lined black bar appears which becomes
seemingly IMPOSSIBLE to delete. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid
of these stupid bars as they've been frustrating me to no end. I originally
used them simply to separate parts of some of my Word documents, but little
did I know how much difficulty I'd soon find in trying to delete them. Any
help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Jay,

Wow. That HELPED! And to think, all that frustration for something that took
no more than five seconds to resolve, LOL.

Well, live and learn, I guess. Thanks a million!

- Dave