Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Apu Apu is offline

Default "Revisions" (Track Changes) mode ...

Hi All,

Needed some help in fulfulling a requirement to respond to an MS Word
2003 document, in the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode" and in the color
"Magenta".

What exactly is this saying? Does this mean that any text that I add
to the document will appear in Magenta and underlined, with a
mouse-over tip showing my name, time stamp etc.?

Also, I can not find "Magenta" as one of the colors that I can make the
changes to appear in!

Would greatly appreciate how to get Magenta and a clear interpretation
of the requirement about the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode".

Thanks!
Apu

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Whoever wrote that requirement has no knowledge of what they're asking
for. If you can, go back to that person and ask for a review and
explanation of the requirement.

The only thing that's clear is that you should turn on the Track
Changes tracking before you start editing the document.

You are correct that there is no choice of Magenta in the options for
Track Changes. The closest choices would be Red, Dark Red, or Violet.

The requirement also doesn't specify the other formatting -- people
often use underlining for added text and strikethrough for deleted
text, but there are many other choices such as bold or italic or
hidden.

See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
for more information.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On 5 Oct 2006 20:55:55 -0700, "Apu" wrote:

Hi All,

Needed some help in fulfulling a requirement to respond to an MS Word
2003 document, in the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode" and in the color
"Magenta".

What exactly is this saying? Does this mean that any text that I add
to the document will appear in Magenta and underlined, with a
mouse-over tip showing my name, time stamp etc.?

Also, I can not find "Magenta" as one of the colors that I can make the
changes to appear in!

Would greatly appreciate how to get Magenta and a clear interpretation
of the requirement about the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode".

Thanks!
Apu

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Apu,

Needed some help in fulfulling a requirement to respond to an MS Word
2003 document, in the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode" and in the color
"Magenta".

What exactly is this saying? Does this mean that any text that I add
to the document will appear in Magenta and underlined, with a
mouse-over tip showing my name, time stamp etc.?

Also, I can not find "Magenta" as one of the colors that I can make the
changes to appear in!

Would greatly appreciate how to get Magenta and a clear interpretation
of the requirement about the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode".

It's not possible. Word offers only the limited 16 colors available in
the dropdown under Tools/Options/Track Changes. Magenta isn't one of
these, although Violet is.

Any chance these instructions were written for an earlier version of
Word, where the term "Magenta" was still used?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to what Jay and Cindy have said, even if magenta were available
as a color, it would make no difference what the settings on your machine
were because the tracked changes will be displayed using the settings on the
recipient's machine.

"Apu" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

Needed some help in fulfulling a requirement to respond to an MS Word
2003 document, in the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode" and in the color
"Magenta".

What exactly is this saying? Does this mean that any text that I add
to the document will appear in Magenta and underlined, with a
mouse-over tip showing my name, time stamp etc.?

Also, I can not find "Magenta" as one of the colors that I can make the
changes to appear in!

Would greatly appreciate how to get Magenta and a clear interpretation
of the requirement about the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode".

Thanks!
Apu

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Which of course means you can tell the requestor that he must set it in
magenta himself.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In addition to what Jay and Cindy have said, even if magenta were

available
as a color, it would make no difference what the settings on your machine
were because the tracked changes will be displayed using the settings on

the
recipient's machine.

so
all may benefit.

"Apu" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

Needed some help in fulfulling a requirement to respond to an MS Word
2003 document, in the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode" and in the color
"Magenta".

What exactly is this saying? Does this mean that any text that I add
to the document will appear in Magenta and underlined, with a
mouse-over tip showing my name, time stamp etc.?

Also, I can not find "Magenta" as one of the colors that I can make the
changes to appear in!

Would greatly appreciate how to get Magenta and a clear interpretation
of the requirement about the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode".

Thanks!
Apu

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yeah, I wasn't going to add that, but it would serve him right! I'd love to
see him trying to follow his own instructions. g

"Tony Jollans" my forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
Which of course means you can tell the requestor that he must set it in
magenta himself.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In addition to what Jay and Cindy have said, even if magenta were

available
as a color, it would make no difference what the settings on your

machine
were because the tracked changes will be displayed using the settings on

the
recipient's machine.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Apu" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

Needed some help in fulfulling a requirement to respond to an MS Word
2003 document, in the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode" and in the

color
"Magenta".

What exactly is this saying? Does this mean that any text that I add
to the document will appear in Magenta and underlined, with a
mouse-over tip showing my name, time stamp etc.?

Also, I can not find "Magenta" as one of the colors that I can make

the
changes to appear in!

Would greatly appreciate how to get Magenta and a clear interpretation
of the requirement about the "Revisions (Track Changes) Mode".

Thanks!
Apu

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Apu Apu is offline

Thanks a lot to Jay, Cindy, Suzanne, Tony. Appreciate your quick
response. I am much relived as the requirements seems to be weired and
off the wall. I have tried using "Pink" instead of Magenta - lets see
what happens and what other respondents do.

Regards,
Apu