Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gemma Gemma is offline

Default Office Language Pack- Grammar proofing inadequate

Hi there
I have just brought a language pack add on for German proofing, however I'm
quite disappointed as it doesn't pick up half of what it should do. The
spelling seems to be ok, but slightly basic and the grammar correction is
non-existent. Does anyone know if there is some way to rectify this/ or what
the limitations of this pack are supposed to be? Has anyone else encountered
similar problems? As it stands I still have to check everything manually
anyway and so am very disappointed!
--
Gemma
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Gemma

Gemma wrote:
I have just brought a language pack add on for German proofing, however I'm
quite disappointed as it doesn't pick up half of what it should do. The
spelling seems to be ok, but slightly basic and the grammar correction is
non-existent. Does anyone know if there is some way to rectify this/ or what
the limitations of this pack are supposed to be? Has anyone else encountered
similar problems? As it stands I still have to check everything manually
anyway and so am very disappointed!

using the grammar suggestions has helped me every now and then when
writing a text in English or French, but only very rarely in German. But
I have so far attributed this to the fact that German is my mother
tongue ... :-)

I do see Grammar checker as an add-on to sometimes help spot errors;
it's by no means perfect (it probably cannot be, or not yet).

I'd be interested if you can give me some examples. I can check with a
genuine German installation (though I very much doubt that the
Spelling/Grammar tools there are different in any way). But you can
never know!

Greetinx
Robert
--