Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prashanth KR Prashanth KR is offline

Default How do I automate hyperlinks

Hi,

I have a document which has a number of articles having different
"Headings". I need to create a Hyperlink to each of these headings
individually by first bookmarking it and then to hyperlink with the headings.
Is their a way so that I can Hyperlink these headings say around 25 articles,
to make life easy. Please help.

Thanks,
Prashanth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried inserting a table of contents? It is hyperlinked by
default, in Word 2000 and later.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Prashanth KR" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a document which has a number of articles having different
"Headings". I need to create a Hyperlink to each of these headings
individually by first bookmarking it and then to hyperlink with the

headings.
Is their a way so that I can Hyperlink these headings say around 25

articles,
to make life easy. Please help.

Thanks,
Prashanth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prashanth KR[_2_] Prashanth KR[_2_] is offline

Thanks very much Stefan. I think I misrepresented what I wanted. I actually
meant for eg. I have the following Heading in the below mentioned order:

How to Hyperlink all articles
By Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP
June 11, 2007

......... and the full article follows.

I need to put this in the following format at the top of my first page of
MS-Word:
i.e., Publication name - Article Heading (MM.DD.YYYY) as given below:

Microsoft Word MVP - How to Hyperlink all articles (06.11.2007)
(Please note this has to be automatically formatted and hyperlinked to the
above heading of the full article)

Hope this time Iam clear. Extremely apologise for your time and effort. I
shall be very much privileged if you could help me out in this.

Thanks again,
Prashanth KR.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried inserting a table of contents? It is hyperlinked by
default, in Word 2000 and later.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Prashanth KR" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a document which has a number of articles having different
"Headings". I need to create a Hyperlink to each of these headings
individually by first bookmarking it and then to hyperlink with the

headings.
Is their a way so that I can Hyperlink these headings say around 25

articles,
to make life easy. Please help.

Thanks,
Prashanth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prashanth KR[_2_] Prashanth KR[_2_] is offline

Can you please help me out on this. Iam still looking out for a solution. I
would really appreciate your efforts.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried inserting a table of contents? It is hyperlinked by
default, in Word 2000 and later.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Prashanth KR" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a document which has a number of articles having different
"Headings". I need to create a Hyperlink to each of these headings
individually by first bookmarking it and then to hyperlink with the

headings.
Is their a way so that I can Hyperlink these headings say around 25

articles,
to make life easy. Please help.

Thanks,
Prashanth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I still believe the easiest solution would be to use a table of contents.
Note, however, that the list (at the beginning of the document) may not get
exactly the format you want. :-(

Alternatively, use hyperlinked cross-references. Then you would completely
control the placement of each hyperlinked item. Of course, it would be a bit
more difficult to maintain. In a programming newsgroup, someone would
probably be able to figure out a macro to do the job.

Automate label merge john Mailmerge 8 February 11th 07 07:25 PM
How to Automate Text? CT Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 06 05:07 AM
Automate Section Break Derek Hart Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 06 07:55 PM
Automate this macro please. Steved Microsoft Word Help 6 December 26th 05 08:17 PM
trying to automate a correction KarenRC Tables 2 October 25th 05 04:16 PM