Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elessvie Elessvie is offline

Default Double Page Numbering

Hello!

I can't seem to find an answer to our page numbering needs and am wondering
if you could help.

We need to have 2 page numbers in our footer - one showing the overall,
cumulative page number, and the other showing the page number for each
particular section. It would look something like this: "Page 10 of document,
Page 4 of Appendix A", "Page 11 of document, Page 5 of Appendix A", "Page
12 of document, Page 1 of Appendix B," etc.

Is there a way to do this?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Eless
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You might look at Insert Field, use a {PAGES} field for the document page
numbering & a {SECTIONPAGES} field for the numbering within each section.
The literal text ("Page", "of", etc.) would have to be typed although the
"Appendix ?" could be picked up using a {STYLEREF} or other appropriate type
of field - depends on how the sections are identified in the doc.

This is for versions of Word prior to 2007 - it may be somewhat different,
but you don't say what version you're using.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones