Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ukexpat ukexpat is offline

Default Word 2003: Page rotation error

One of my colleagues is experiencing a weird Word error. Here's the story:

1. My colleague opened an Excel spreadsheet sent by another colleague via
e-mail. The spreadsheet looked fine on the screen but when printed,
everything was rotated 90 deg clockwise.

2. Now in Word, whenever my colleague tries to create a new document, it is
rotated 90 deg clockwise, including the Word text insert cursor, and any text
added appears vertically down the right hand side of the screen -- it's in
the correct place, but the doc is rotated 90 deg.

3. We have reviewed every possible document layout, formatting, option,
including the default language, page layout etc etc can find no way to fix
this. We have even deleted the normal.dot template and the problem persists.

4. I am assuming because this all started with the Excel spreadsheet, that
it is some visual basic bug/problem, but I am not a programmer or VB expert.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ukexpat ukexpat is offline

Default Word 2003: Page rotation error: FIXED

"ukexpat" wrote:

[...]

This from another post proved to be the solution:

I had the same problem:

Symptoms:
All text in any new document is verticalat the _document_ level.
I can open existing documents and they disply correctly

Cause:
I opened an RTF with special formatting instructions and accidently
over-wrote the default page layout settings (by clicking 'Default' under page
layout while the funky rtf was open). I think RTF uses special tags in the
file that can do things to the page setup that you can not adjust through the
MSWord application once they are set.

Cu
Open a document with horizontal page layout, then click on page setup and
click 'Default' button agint to replace the funky settings with normal ones.
Presumably the poster who told you to move normal.dot was trying to
accomplish the same thing....

Chears,
John