Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CALI CALI is offline

Default W2003 Styles don't hold on other PC

I've created a doc using styles that I modified in the document. When I send
that document to a co-worker, the styles are not the same. The specific
examples are that the document is in Ariel on my PC but Times New Roman on
his, and my Heading styles are numbered, i.e., 1.1 Lost Information, but are
not numbered when he opens the doc. I need to be able to format a document
and have the format hold no matter who opens it. What am I missing? We both
have Word 2003.
--
Cali Lang

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CALI CALI is offline

You rock! My doc is based on normal.dot and blast that Auto Update Styles
option! Peace again rules my day!
--
Cali Lang

Cali wrote:

I've created a doc using styles that I modified in the document. When I send
that document to a co-worker, the styles are not the same. The specific
examples are that the document is in Ariel on my PC but Times New Roman on
his, and my Heading styles are numbered, i.e., 1.1 Lost Information, but are
not numbered when he opens the doc. I need to be able to format a document
and have the format hold no matter who opens it. What am I missing? We both
have Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Debra Debra is offline

I saved my document with the Tools Templates and Add-Ins Automatically
update document styles ticked, but when it is opened by another person on
another PC it is still not holding the style. Any other suggestions?
--
Debra O

Cali wrote:

I've created a doc using styles that I modified in the document. When I send
that document to a co-worker, the styles are not the same. The specific
examples are that the document is in Ariel on my PC but Times New Roman on
his, and my Heading styles are numbered, i.e., 1.1 Lost Information, but are
not numbered when he opens the doc. I need to be able to format a document
and have the format hold no matter who opens it. What am I missing? We both
have Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The cited article says to UNtick "automatically update". Did you
actually read the article?