Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] esmeet7@gmail.com is offline

Default Word 2003: Multiple Background Colors in a Single Document

Does anyone know how (if possible) to use several different background
colors within a single Word 2003 document?

I know that I can go to "Format" and "Background" to select a color
for the background, but I'd like to apply several different color
backgrounds in a single document.

For example, I'd like page 1 to be white, pages 2-6 to be yellow,
pages 7-10 to be green, etc.

I know I can select the text and use "Format" and "Borders and
Shading" to shade the text on the various pages in different colors,
but it doesn't look as nice as using the background.

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sorry, the background color setting always applies to the entire document.

Considering how much color ink costs, it would probably be worth buying
colored paper and loading it into the printer in the proper sequence, or
printing the pages by background color in several passes.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:
Does anyone know how (if possible) to use several different background
colors within a single Word 2003 document?

I know that I can go to "Format" and "Background" to select a color
for the background, but I'd like to apply several different color
backgrounds in a single document.

For example, I'd like page 1 to be white, pages 2-6 to be yellow,
pages 7-10 to be green, etc.

I know I can select the text and use "Format" and "Borders and
Shading" to shade the text on the various pages in different colors,
but it doesn't look as nice as using the background.

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] esmeet7@gmail.com is offline

Thanks for the response. I'm not planning on printing in color (I
actually do use the colored paper when I print), but I'd like
colleagues to be able to view the "final look" of the document
electronically when proofreading and reviewing the work.

I found a possible workaround that I decided to use. To color the
background of each page individually, you can draw a rectangle that
perfectly overlays the full page. You can then format the shape to
color it, remove the border, and set it to appear behind the text. I
was able to copy and paste the rectangle on each page and then change
the color of it according to my needs.

I do wish this is something that would be addressed in the future.