Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoeCool37 JoeCool37 is offline

Default Fitting text into the pyramid diagram

I have a Word emergency for a paper that's already overdue. I'm trying to
use a pyramid diagram and the text at the top keeps getting cut off. Is
there any way to expand the text box within the small triangle up top?
--
Hey now!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:31:01 -0800, JoeCool37
wrote:

I have a Word emergency for a paper that's already overdue. I'm trying to
use a pyramid diagram and the text at the top keeps getting cut off. Is
there any way to expand the text box within the small triangle up top?

No, the box's size isn't changeable (except by expanding the whole
diagram, using a button on the diagram toolbar). But you can click in
the regular text just above or below the diagram and use Insert Text
Box to draw a text box over the empty part of the triangle. Set it to
No Fill and No Line, and if necessary change its font to match the
diagram's labels. That'll let you put in another two or three lines of
text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rupert Bear Rupert Bear is offline

wrote:

I have a Word emergency for a paper that's already overdue. I'm trying to
use a pyramid diagram and the text at the top keeps getting cut off. Is
there any way to expand the text box within the small triangle up top?

No, the box's size isn't changeable (except by expanding the whole
diagram, using a button on the diagram toolbar). But you can click in
the regular text just above or below the diagram and use Insert Text
Box to draw a text box over the empty part of the triangle. Set it to
No Fill and No Line, and if necessary change its font to match the
diagram's labels. That'll let you put in another two or three lines of
text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

A bit late I know (to say the least) but have just read this thread. There
is another way -if somewhat unauthodox but - with a blank page on screen,
type a letter X and centralise it. Then using the drawing tool create three
lines to form a triangle with the "x" enclosed at the top. Then with the
"Centre text" still engaged, type the desired text keeping it within the
triangle. A bit fiddly I agree but it works with just a little patience. The
lines style & colour can be selected to choice. RB