Missing date field in file select field (get data source)

Old August 23rd 09, 07:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Leslie Gottlieb

Default Missing date field in file select field (get data source)

My husband is working with word 2000 on windows XP. He is doing a mail
merge and trying to select a file from get data sources. When that file
select box opens in detail view, it does not show the date field. Right
clicking on the name bar there does nothing. Any idea how to get the
date back? When he does a file save as, it does show the date field in
details view?
Old August 23rd 09, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

If I have understood correctly, he is looking at the dialog box titled
"Open Data Source".

If not, please let us know what he is looking at.

If so, there should be a title bar at the top containing that title, and
a "menu bar" under that, containing
"Look in", then a text box showing the current folder name
About 6 more icons
A "Tools" menu

To the left of the Tools icon there, should be an icon+dropdown that
should let him select various views of the files listed in the folder -
he could try "Properties", or see the last modification date in the
Details view.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Old August 24th 09, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Leslie Gottlieb

Leslie Gottlieb wrote:
My husband is working with word 2000 on windows XP. He is doing a mail
merge and trying to select a file from get data sources. When that
file select box opens in detail view, it does not show the date field.
Right clicking on the name bar there does nothing. Any idea how to get
the date back? When he does a file save as, it does show the date
field in details view?

After selecting get sources, the file select window opens. He can
selects the drop down to the right of tools where details is one of the
options. When he selects the details options, the bars on the top of the
window do no show a modified date. When I do the same on my PC I get a
modified date (I can send screen shots if needed).