How do I make a custom border with fonts?

Old November 29th 05, 02:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I make a custom border with fonts?

I am using Word 97 (btw, I also have WordPerfect 8). All I want to do is
type a sentence or phrase or use a font that is made up of characters and
make a page border from it. Is this possible and if so HOW??? I've been
messing around with this for over 2 hours to no avail!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!

Old November 29th 05, 02:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'd probably do it in a graphics program instead of Word. Do the work in
another program, save it as whatever file format and then insert it in the
Word doc.

But that's just me.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old November 29th 05, 02:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:02:58 -0800, Meekiecheese
wrote:

I am using Word 97 (btw, I also have WordPerfect 8). All I want to do is
type a sentence or phrase or use a font that is made up of characters and
make a page border from it. Is this possible and if so HOW??? I've been
messing around with this for over 2 hours to no avail!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!

This would be a special case of the custom border method at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm. Just use text
instead of pictures to create the "picture" -- even as simple a
graphics program as Windows Paint can let you put text in a graphic
file.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

How to make the outside border of a table thicker than the lines i Sam Page Layout 3 August 2nd 05 09:25 AM
Global template: Custom menu is slow? HJ Microsoft Word Help 4 February 21st 05 09:55 PM
custom file properties frizzy Microsoft Word Help 0 January 15th 05 01:23 AM
Fonts 2003 SJH Page Layout 0 January 13th 05 02:59 PM
Setting custom size problem Bob S Page Layout 0 December 24th 04 03:25 PM