Creating a Table of Contents in a Long Document

Old February 17th 05, 09:52 PM
Jennifer Dunn via OfficeKB.com

Default Creating a Table of Contents in a Long Document

I have created a Master Document that has several subdocuments with the end
result of an approximately 1000 page document. I cannot get it to create a
Table of Contents. I keep getting the message: Error! No table of contents
entries found. Has anyone encountered this before? Any help would be
appreciated. Jenni

Old February 18th 05, 03:27 PM
Daiya Mitchell

Word Heretic might come along and help you out, but most of the people
posting here donąt know much about master documents, because:

Why Master Documents corrupt:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm

How to recover a Master Document:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm

Steve Hudson [Word Heretic] on how to make Master Documents work safely:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...dhomepage.html

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/