How do I get something to print in white letters on color paper?

Old November 5th 07, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bonnie Rowe

Default How do I get something to print in white letters on color paper?

I know to highlight my test and set font color to white but I still cannot
get anything to print in white letters.
Old November 5th 07, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

Think about it for a minute. What color ink do you buy for your printer?
Can you combine any of those colors and get white? (Hint - the answer is
no.)

You can't - unless you have a high-end printer that uses white ink.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Old November 5th 07, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message

I know to highlight my test and set font color to white but I still cannot
get anything to print in white letters.

You can't - unless you have a high-end printer that uses white ink.

Another (less costly) solution would be to print the document to a graphic
or PDF file and then print the resulting image.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Old November 5th 07, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

But they want to print on colored paper. (Read the subject line) It ain't
gonna happen with a regular inkjet printer.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

Old November 5th 07, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Pollak

Hi Bonnie,
You can if you use a thermal printer with white ribbon.
We do this on some of our labels.

Let's say you wanted white letters on a red page.
If it is for full size 'A' sheets then you have to do a reverse print.
That is to say that you would print in red onto white paper.
So you would use alot of red ink and the white would end up showing where
the letters are.
Not sure if you can do this in Word, but I know you can do it in CorelDraw
or QuarkXpress.

--
Leslie Pollak
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Old November 6th 07, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FredFred

Default How do I get something to print in white letters on color pape

My answer is really the same as the others except stated in a different
structural way. The colors you see in Word presume white paper, i.e. they be
as shown if printed on white paper. White is not created by ink, it's
created by lack of ink.