Default HELP! Trying to use print screen facility

.....trying to help my boss use the print screen function
on his home pc but when using the 'ctrl, alt + print
screen' buttons on his keyboard, all he gets when trying
to paste to a Word (or any other) document is a funny
little icon (looks like acrobat icon) instead of
the 'window' he was trying to copy/print??!!

Anyone got any ideas?

Will be grateful for any help!!

lostinspace

.....trying to help my boss use the print screen function
on his home pc but when using the 'ctrl, alt + print
screen' buttons on his keyboard, all he gets when trying
to paste to a Word (or any other) document is a funny
little icon (looks like acrobat icon) instead of
the 'window' he was trying to copy/print??!!

Anyone got any ideas?

Will be grateful for any help!!

I started a reply to this the other day and trashed it because I thought
somebody might reply with a more appropiate response related to Word.

AFAIK, pasting of screenshots (print-screen) requires use of a graphics
software to convert to a graphics image, which then may be inserted into
Word.

blujay

Thanks for the advice L.I.S. - does this mean there may
be a problem with the graphics card on this pc???

appreciate the help!

blujay