Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Recycler29 Recycler29 is offline

Default Margins and orientation

I have used WORD for years and have never experienced this: I went into page
setup and wanted to change the orientation and margins because they were set
by mistake as default to be to small. Every time i try to make right and left
margins to be 1inch, I get an error message that says "Increasing right
margin causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having
unevenly spaced columns".
You have the option to click OK and that's it and then it goes right back to
the page setup screen with the old margins and it will not change anything.
Not even the page orientation. The error message just keeps popping up. Does
anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? I tried doing a fix and
repair under the Help menu and it didn't help. I'm stumped. Thanks for any
help!