Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Default Problem with cell margins

Word 2007: Even though I adjust the default cell margins to 0-0-0-0 (from
the Table tab, then Options), I still have to go row by row, and sometimes
cell by cell to get the margins to 0 (instead of the default 0.08").

And, even though the cell (size is approx 1" x 1") margins say 0-0-0-0,
there is still a gap above and to the left of the text.

Alignment is top left; auto size is off; etc. etc. I've worked with Word
tables in other versions -- this is only happening in the 2007 version.

Why is this happening!?!?

Suzanne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If the checkbox for _Same as whole table_ has been cleared in a cell's _cell
options dialog_, then changes to the internal margins for the whole table
will not affect that cell. You might be able to revise the table internal
margins more quickly by creating and applying a table style that has your
settings.

PamC

Margins within a cell frazzled Tables 1 June 9th 08 08:58 PM
cell margins LeAnne Tables 1 May 2nd 07 04:36 PM
Only Table's 1st Cell has Margins? Al Franz New Users 1 March 21st 07 10:57 PM
Problem with cell margins with using WordML Tim Tables 0 November 30th 06 09:59 AM
cell margins tealady Tables 2 August 17th 06 04:36 PM