Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Karyn C Karyn C is offline

Default Create "model" cell to make a table from

Hello,

I am trying to make a printing master for "product cards" of various sizes
and shapes. I am a beginner, and by beginner's luck, I succeeded in doing
one size and shape from a jpeg scan. I didn't note my steps, but can,t seem
to do it again. This time I have scanned in the original design as an rtf.
The quality of the image is much sharper than the jpeg, so I would like to
use this format. Some functions in some menus don't work with this format.
I've noticed.
The old paste-up printing artwork is in the form of a table, (what is
scanned in), and I need to select a cell from this and change borders and
size. When I try to select anything, the "tool box" or whatever it's
called, the work area
selected, is either the whole image, in this case, 8 cells as two rows of
four, or I have been able to select two as one row. I need to select just
one, redo it's borders and make a whole page of them.

I've been at it for days, trying on my own, reading, reading, reading, but
nothing addresses exactly this issue. Also I wish the Table tools would
just stay up! They keep vanishing and I still need them. I don't want to
insert a table first, I want to make a gridless table from a selected cell.
There must be a way.

Thank-you in advance for your expertise. I have visited the MVP. homepage.
I assumed you were employees of Microsoft. Hope I was clear enough with my
question so the advice hits the mark.

Karyn C