Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TechAuthorNMK TechAuthorNMK is offline

Default How do I remove horizontal lines from inside table cells?

These lines have suddenly appeared. They are not part of the cell or table
border and not in every cell.

Help please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Possibly borders or underlines on the text in the cell?

http://word.mvps.org

"TechAuthorNMK" wrote in message
These lines have suddenly appeared. They are not part of the cell or table
border and not in every cell.

Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TechAuthorNMK TechAuthorNMK is offline

Text in affected cells had the style 'Header'. Selecting the whole cells and
changing the style to 'Normal' removed the horizontal lines.

Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Possibly borders or underlines on the text in the cell?

http://word.mvps.org

"TechAuthorNMK" wrote in message
These lines have suddenly appeared. They are not part of the cell or table
border and not in every cell.

Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Ah, sounds like a border has been applied to the Header style. Seeing this
style in a table (unintended) suggests that you may have "Define styles
based on your formatting" enabled (Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat
As You Type). What this option actually does (in my experience, anyway) is
"apply styles based on your formatting," i.e., look at the formatting of
your text and make a (usually poor) guess about what style you meant it to
be. The Header style in a table was the first instance of this that I
noticed.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Possibly borders or underlines on the text in the cell?

http://word.mvps.org

"TechAuthorNMK" wrote in
message
These lines have suddenly appeared. They are not part of the cell or
table
border and not in every cell.

Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TechAuthorNMK TechAuthorNMK is offline

Exactly - This style was defined a number of years ago when I used a table in
a Header and a one-and-a-half point line at the bottom of the table added to
separate the table in the header from the main text. I subsequently learnt
more about headers and used Tabs to separate items in the header.

Many thanks for your help!