Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yoroen yoroen is offline

Default Field ASK and 'steering elements/widget' listbox combo

Good day,

Please forgive me for my bad translation, using Word in a local language
version and don't know the proper translation into english for steering
elements (might be widget?). What I mean is the section where you can enter
listboxes with various pre defined texts.

Is it possible to combine an ASK field with more than one pre defined
answers? The idea is to repeat that field later on in a REF.

Or is there another way to use a listbox with various predefined text, and
reuse that text later on in a Word document?

Am using office 2007 home/student version.

Kind regards, and many thanks in advance for your assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi yoroen,

An ASK field (or a FILLIN field) can have only one default answer and you can't make it act like a listbox. However, the prompt text
can suggest the valid answers.

--
Cheers
macropod

"yoroen" wrote in message ...
Good day,

Please forgive me for my bad translation, using Word in a local language
version and don't know the proper translation into english for steering
elements (might be widget?). What I mean is the section where you can enter
listboxes with various pre defined texts.

Is it possible to combine an ASK field with more than one pre defined
answers? The idea is to repeat that field later on in a REF.

Or is there another way to use a listbox with various predefined text, and
reuse that text later on in a Word document?

Am using office 2007 home/student version.

Kind regards, and many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yoroen yoroen is offline

Good day,

Thanks that's clear. Is it possible to repeat the exact value showed from
the listbox at another place in the document?

Regards Jeroen