Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
koala824 at Comcast koala824 at Comcast is offline

Default Bold Type Inverted

One of my word documents opened with bolding inverted -- that is, type that
is supposed to be bold no longer is, while type that was not bold has become
bold. Anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html

http://word.mvps.org

"koala824 at Comcast" wrote in message
One of my word documents opened with bolding inverted -- that is, type
that is supposed to be bold no longer is, while type that was not bold has
become bold. Anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
koala824 at Comcast koala824 at Comcast is offline

This was very informative information and helped explain a lot of things I
have noticed over the years. Unfortunately, the 'bold inversion' problem did
not result from copying text, and occurred, as described, in all the
document text, including headers and footers. The document had not been
altered, although it sat unopened for 2-3 months. Thank you for replying.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html

http://word.mvps.org

"koala824 at Comcast" wrote in message
One of my word documents opened with bolding inverted -- that is, type
that is supposed to be bold no longer is, while type that was not bold
has become bold. Anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Perhaps a style has been modified to include bold formatting and then
someone applied "not bold" as direct formatting to text? Check the settings
of the style. In particular, you may want to investigate the properties of
the Normal style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP