Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Frank Frank is offline

Default Table Formula

In an Invoice template...
How can I calculate Qty (column a) * Unit Price (column c) = $amount (column
d) in each of several rows.
Then, at the bottom insert a formula to subtotal the $amount column.
Then, multiply the subtotal by .07 (sales tax) and put that in the next cell
under.
Then, add the sales tax and subtotal.

Sure this very basic but I've spent all morning trying to no avail.
--
Thanks,
Frank
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Have you looked at these Help topics?

Field codes: = (Formula) field

Perform calculations in a table

Referencing cells in a table

"Frank" wrote in message
In an Invoice template...
How can I calculate Qty (column a) * Unit Price (column c) = $amount
(column
d) in each of several rows.
Then, at the bottom insert a formula to subtotal the $amount column.
Then, multiply the subtotal by .07 (sales tax) and put that in the next
cell
under.
Then, add the sales tax and subtotal.

Sure this very basic but I've spent all morning trying to no avail.
--
Thanks,
Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Frank Frank is offline

Yes.
Also, how does one delete a formula that is incorrect?
--
Thanks,
Frank

"Frank" wrote in message
In an Invoice template...
How can I calculate Qty (column a) * Unit Price (column c) = $amount
(column
d) in each of several rows.
Then, at the bottom insert a formula to subtotal the $amount column.
Then, multiply the subtotal by .07 (sales tax) and put that in the next
cell
under.
Then, add the sales tax and subtotal.

Sure this very basic but I've spent all morning trying to no avail.
--
Thanks,
Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Frank,

To see how to do this and a wide range of other calculations in Word, check out my Word Field Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Frank" wrote in message ...
In an Invoice template...
How can I calculate Qty (column a) * Unit Price (column c) = $amount (column
d) in each of several rows.
Then, at the bottom insert a formula to subtotal the $amount column.
Then, multiply the subtotal by .07 (sales tax) and put that in the next cell
under.
Then, add the sales tax and subtotal.

Sure this very basic but I've spent all morning trying to no avail.
--
Thanks,
Frank

Can word do this formula =EXP(B2) in a table? GT Tables 1 August 8th 07 01:43 AM
how do I get this formula (A2*d2)-e2 in a word table Big dogs Tables 2 April 22nd 06 12:03 PM
How do I set up a formula in a table in Word? Kathleen Tables 2 November 1st 05 07:49 AM
Table Formula Help Stefani Tables 2 April 12th 05 04:23 PM
formula in a table JustMe Microsoft Word Help 2 February 8th 05 05:19 AM