Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default URGENT: How to Include the Chapter number in the TOC like I-1, I-2

Office 2007 or Office 2003.
I have used the include chapter number in the formatting for the page
numbers but the automatic toc does not include the chapter no.

How to do? Thnaks!
--
Janet A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It should be happening automatically if you used "Include chapter number" in
the Format Page Number dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
news
Office 2007 or Office 2003.
I have used the include chapter number in the formatting for the page
numbers but the automatic toc does not include the chapter no.

How to do? Thnaks!
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default URGENT: How to Include the Chapter number in the TOC like I-1,

No it is not. I thought it would too.
--
Janet A.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It should be happening automatically if you used "Include chapter number" in
the Format Page Number dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
news
Office 2007 or Office 2003.
I have used the include chapter number in the formatting for the page
numbers but the automatic toc does not include the chapter no.

How to do? Thnaks!
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

unfortunately no. I'm wondering if it has to do with not using a style for
the page number itself?
--
Janet A.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It should be happening automatically if you used "Include chapter
number"
in
the Format Page Number dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in
message
news Office 2007 or Office 2003.
I have used the include chapter number in the formatting for the
page
numbers but the automatic toc does not include the chapter no.

How to do? Thnaks!
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The page number itself will by default use the Header/Footer paragraph style
overlaid by the Page Number character style. I don't see what difference
that would make, though.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It should be happening automatically if you used "Include chapter
number"
in
the Format Page Number dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in
message
news Office 2007 or Office 2003.
I have used the include chapter number in the formatting for the
page
numbers but the automatic toc does not include the chapter no.

How to do? Thnaks!
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Are you using Word's autonumbering to number your headings?

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
unfortunately no. I'm wondering if it has to do with not using a style for
the page number itself?
Can you send me a sample of the problem document?

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

How to do? Thnaks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

This document came to me built with non-numbered headings. The section
numbering indicates autonumbering and when you update the toc, I can see that
the toc was built using the outline feature. Perhaps the outline feature is
contra-indicated when you want to show section numbers in the toc?
--
Janet A.