Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JohnP from Utah JohnP from Utah is offline

Default How do I Merge Tables in Word 2007

I have two tables (one above the other) with an identical number of columns.
Is there a way (in Word 2007) to combine these two different tables into one
table?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Summer Summer is offline

Delete the paragraph mark between them.

"JohnP from Utah" JohnP from wrote in
message ...
I have two tables (one above the other) with an identical number of
columns.
Is there a way (in Word 2007) to combine these two different tables into
one
table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
stan stan is offline

I followed your suggestion but they are still two tables. If you click on
table icon it only moves one of the tables
Stanley

"Summer" wrote:

Delete the paragraph mark between them.

"JohnP from Utah" JohnP from wrote in
message ...
I have two tables (one above the other) with an identical number of
columns.
Is there a way (in Word 2007) to combine these two different tables into
one
table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Stan,
Select your two tables, go to tables Layout contextual tab, in the table
group click Properties button, set the text wrapping to none, now try do
delete the paragraph marker.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Summer" wrote:

Delete the paragraph mark between them.

"JohnP from Utah" JohnP from wrote in
message ...
I have two tables (one above the other) with an identical number of
columns.
Is there a way (in Word 2007) to combine these two different tables
into
one
table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MikeMay MikeMay is offline

That doesn't work if Word has decided to split a table in two (or three) just
because you tried to reorder the rows in it. There is no paragraph mark to
delete. You're just left with a non-functioning table - every time you
change a column width for instance you have to change it separately for each
new "portion" of the table, and header rows do not repeat on pages etc.

Of all the moronic new behaviours that have been inexplicably added to
Office 2007, which don't make sense and weren't asked for, this is by far the
worst. I will be going back to Office 2003 as soon as I dig out my CD.
Office 2007 has more bugs than a turmite mound.

An Angry Customer.

"Summer" wrote:

Delete the paragraph mark between them.

"JohnP from Utah" JohnP from wrote in
message ...
I have two tables (one above the other) with an identical number of
columns.
Is there a way (in Word 2007) to combine these two different tables
into
one
table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RG RG is offline

I absolutely agree with MikeMay. This is just one of the many moronic
features or non-features of Word 2007. I work in a tech writing environment
where working with tables and graphics is a must. Our office just recently
transitioned to word 2007. Revising word 2003 or older documents with word
2007 is pure hell! Do the MS word designers even know what they are doing?
To paraphrase, it is like inventing a square wheel.

RG