Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wombling63 Wombling63 is offline

Default where can I find the symbol for the word "therefore"?

There is a symbol made up of three dots in the shape of a triangle meaning
"therefore". Where can I find it?

Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: where can I find the symbol for the word "therefore"?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you find the "therefore" symbol in Microsoft Word.

Here are the steps to insert the "therefore" symbol:
  1. Open a new or existing Word document.
  2. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  3. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  4. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  5. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  7. Scroll down until you find the "therefore" symbol (it should be near the bottom of the list).
  8. Double-click on the symbol to insert it into your document.

Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut to insert the "therefore" symbol. Here's how:

1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
2. Press and hold the "Alt" key on your keyboard.
3. While holding down the "Alt" key, type "8756" on the numeric keypad (make sure "Num Lock" is on).
4. Release the "Alt" key and the "therefore" symbol should appear in your document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] is offline

Here's where I found it:

1. On the Insert tab, click on "Symbol" on the far right.
2. Click on More Symbols
3. In the Font dropdown box in the upper left, choose "Symbol."
4. The Therefore symbol is on the second row near the middle.

Hope that helps!
--
Kara
http://www.karathecomputertutor.com

"Wombling63" wrote:

There is a symbol made up of three dots in the shape of a triangle meaning
"therefore". Where can I find it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Using "Insert Symbol" dialog you cand find it in the Font named "Symbol"
with character 92. You can insert in your document using that dialog. You
can also select the symbol font then hold down ALT and type 0092 with the
numeric keypad or you cna insert it with a macro:

Sub InsertThereforeSymbol()
Selection.InsertSymbol Font:="Symbol", CharacterNumber:=92
End Sub

For help running macros see: http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Wombling63 wrote:
There is a symbol made up of three dots in the shape of a triangle
meaning "therefore". Where can I find it?

Thanks

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Using the Symbol font can lead to problems down the line (its encoding
doesn't match Unicode encoding), so you might do better to use the
character from the "Mathematical Operators" range accessed via Insert
Symbol. The "Therefore" character is at 2234; type that code on the
regular keyboard and then Alt-X. You'll find it in Cambria Math, Arial
Unicode, Lucida Sans, and Lucida Sans Unicode.

On Oct 28, 5:53*pm, Wombling63
wrote:
There is a symbol made up of three dots in the shape of a triangle meaning
"therefore". Where can I find it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Mr. Daniels,

Excellent post and very helpful. Perfect delivery. BZ

When I simply type 2234 and press ALT+x (without first selecting a font) the
symbol appears in MS Mincho. My default font is Times New Roman. Is MS
Mincho something new and still suitable with this symbol?

You can insert Unicode symbols programmatically as well. In this case you
can could use:

Sub InsertThereforeSymbol()
Selection.InsertSymbol Font:="Arial Unicode", CharacterNumber:=8756,
Unicode:=True
End Sub

Note the different number (8756). The InsertSymbol method requires a Long
value. Accordingly the unicode hex number 2234 must be converted:

Sub GetLong()
MsgBox ConvertHexToLong(2234)
End Sub

Function ConvertHexToLong(ByVal hex) As Long
ConvertHexToLong = Val("&H" & hex & "&")
End Function

Thanks.

--

wrote:
There is a symbol made up of three dots in the shape of a triangle meaning
"therefore". Where can I find it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

MS Mincho is the factory-default font for Chinese etc.; all the
Chinese etc. fonts seem to have a lot of the "Mathematical
Operators." (Check with BabelMap.) TNR, annoyingly, doesn't have most
math characters -- especially annoying when you need true super/
subscripts!

If you're never going to type in Chinese etc., you can Uninstall the
Chinese etc. fonts from your Fonts folder.

I don't know what a "Long" value is. Is it the decimal equivalent of
the Unicode hex number?

On Oct 29, 7:15*am, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:
[...]

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

wrote:

There is a symbol made up of three dots in the shape of a triangle meaning
"therefore". Where can I find it?

Thanks-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Thanks.

Long value was probably a poor choice of words. As I have said before, I
have no formal training in VBA.

Perhaps more correct, the .InsertSymbol method requires a long data type
for the character number argument.

Data type: The characteristic of a variable that determines what kind of
data it can hold. Data types include Byte, Boolean, Integer, Long, Currency,
Decimal, Single, Double, Date, String, Object, Variant (default), and
user-defined types, as well as specific types of objects.

Long: Long (long integer) variables are stored as signed 32-bit (4-byte)
numbers ranging in value from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647.

Is it the decimal equivalent of the Unicode hex number?

I think basically yes. If you pass "A" as an argument to the function
returns 10. If you pass "1A" is returns 26, ect.

Sub GetLong()
MsgBox ConvertHexToLong("A")
End Sub

Function ConvertHexToLong(ByVal hex) As Long
ConvertHexToLong = Val("&H" & hex & "&")
End Function

The only reason I mention this VBA method is there has been a two people
that have asked me to add their frequently used symbols to a customized
ribbon gallery.

--

wrote:
[...]

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in

wrote:

There is a symbol made up of three dots in the shape of a triangle
meaning
"therefore". Where can I find it?

Thanks-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] islandgirl5708@gmail.com is offline

"Wombling63" wrote:

There is a symbol made up of three dots in the shape of a triangle meaning
"therefore". Where can I find it?

Thanks

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your suggestion is the only one that worked for me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] dpenchemjong13@gmail.com is offline

Thanks it is really helpful

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] koaunglwinooo@gmail.com is offline

I do thanks u for ur suggestion!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] vaniagulston@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 12:53:03 AM UTC+3, Wombling63 wrote:
There is a symbol made up of three dots in the shape of a triangle meaning
"therefore". Where can I find it?

Thanks

what do you with a Mac computer? I don't have an alt-x on mine