Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Watermark Watermark is offline

Default unable to remove a watermark on a Word 2007 document

I am unable to remove a watermark on a Word 2007 document. I had saved it as
a 2003 document with the watermark so that colleagues who did not have word
2007 could read it. Later i made more changes to the document saved as a
2003 document and saved it as a 2007 document again (overwriting the original
2007 document). Now I am unable to remove the watermark from the word 2007
document. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A watermark is simply a graphic in the header/footer view. Open the
header/footer, select the watermark and delete it. If necessary use the
select tool on the Home tab to select it. If the headers are unlinked, you
will have to delete the graphic from each header.