Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tcsw tcsw is offline

Default Office 2010 beta not sending a mail merge thru Outlook 2010 beta?

These are the steps I always follow when I send a mail merge in 2010:

1. Open both word and outlook (have you set up your outlook for 2010?)
2. In word: click "Mailings" tab "Start Mail Merge" tab (3rd from left)
Select your format
3. Next tab right (4th from left) "Select Recipients" Select your
outsource continue instructions for the pop-up box
4. Edit your recipients if needed with the next tab, or continue to next
tabbed section to "Write and Insert Fields"
5. After drafting your mail merge, preview results if you want, or continue
to last tab "Finish and Merge" and select your option.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have questions!

"kzen9" wrote:

Is there something I am missing? I don't remember any special settings for
Office 2007 Outlook/Woed etc. I can do a Word/Excel Mail Merge and have them
sent thru Outlook 2007 no problem but can't thru 2010 beta. Any help greatly
appreciated!
--
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace...Buddha