BCBC

Default Switches that allow 2 different formats

I'm creating a form that has an expense table. The form might be filled out
in Word or might be filled out by hand. I've added a switch (e.g., {=B13*C13
\#"$0.00;;" } to the formulas so that the outcome will result in a blank cell
if nothing is typed in or a number formatted with a dollar sign and 2
decimals if a number is typed in.

One of my users just informed me that her department will occacionally type
"APPROVED" in the cells in the expense table instead of putting in an actual
number. However, my current formatting changes "APPROVED" to "$0.00". My
question is: Can I set up the cells to show nothing if the cell is left
blank, a number formatted as "$0.00" if a number is typed in, or text if
letters are typed in?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QkNCQw==?=,

This would require a purely macro solution, as you'd have to revert the form
field type to "text". When the user exits the form field, a macro (OnExit) would
be triggered that would check the content of the field and change it (apply
number formatting) as required.

I'm creating a form that has an expense table. The form might be filled out
in Word or might be filled out by hand. I've added a switch (e.g., {=B13*C13
\#"$0.00;;" } to the formulas so that the outcome will result in a blank cell
if nothing is typed in or a number formatted with a dollar sign and 2
decimals if a number is typed in.

One of my users just informed me that her department will occacionally type
"APPROVED" in the cells in the expense table instead of putting in an actual
number. However, my current formatting changes "APPROVED" to "$0.00". My
question is: Can I set up the cells to show nothing if the cell is left
blank, a number formatted as "$0.00" if a number is typed in, or text if
letters are typed in?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Format Switches - Please explain Rose OKeefe Mailmerge 1 May 27th 05 04:34 AM
Clear all formats and styles GillianHG Microsoft Word Help 2 May 11th 05 05:32 PM
Word Switches Jazz Microsoft Word Help 4 May 3rd 05 01:01 AM
Separate formats btwn separate sections?? hugh jass Page Layout 2 March 4th 05 02:09 AM
FINDING AND REPLACING FORMATS Monill Microsoft Word Help 4 February 11th 05 07:20 AM