Arlan

Default How to set a book mark in a cell that will not be removed

I would like to set a bookmark in a cell that will not be erased as users add
or change or delete data in that cell. How do I do it? (Word XP table)
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:53:03 -0700, "Arlan"
wrote:

I would like to set a bookmark in a cell that will not be erased as users add
or change or delete data in that cell. How do I do it? (Word XP table)

That's one of the drawbacks of bookmarks: there is no way to protect
them against accidental deletion.

It might be possible to write a macro to intercept the FileSave and
FileSaveAs commands
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...tSavePrint.htm) and, if
the bookmark is absent, re-insert it before completing the save. I
don't know whether that serves your (unstated) purpose.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman