Igor Freeke

Default Drawing €“ backward compatibility problem

Drawing €“ backward compatibility problem

When I print an Office2003/XP document, which contains a number of drawings
created with the Office included drawing tool, on a Office2000/Windows2000
combination, I get prints without text elements within the drawings.

On a monitor the document still looks practically equal €“ a single piece of
text is coloured in black, where I made it white initially €“ difficulties
that can be overcome.

Does anybody know this problem and does anybody have a solution or work
around?
Thanks in advance

WHAT I TESTED:
Prints via Office2000/Windows2000 on several printers
Save as "Word97-2003&6.0/95 - RTF.doc" on the Office2003/XP

WHY MY NEED FOR A SOLUTION IS SO URGENT:
I am working for a client on my own laptop (no printer connection on site)
who mainly has an Office2000/Windows2000 platform in use. I already created a
lot of documents with a lot of drawings inside, partly on my own machine
partly on the only Office2003/XP machine in house which is now in use for
other specific tasks. My documents will be distributed internally and be
viewed/printed by people with Office2000/Windows2000 machines.