Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa

Default Comment box overlapping with doc text

When I insert a comment in one of my word doc, the margins do not expand to
fit the comment box. Instead, my comment box nowoverlaps with the doc text.
I changed the settings to display it on left and the left margin expanded to
fit it nicely but when I changed the setting back (to right), the box
overlaps again.

I never had this problem before and can't imagine what could've caused it.

Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa

To answer my own question :-P
the right margin in page set-up had been changed from 1.9cm to 7cm. I
changed it back to 1.9cm and problem with comment box now gone!

"Melissa" wrote:

When I insert a comment in one of my word doc, the margins do not expand to
fit the comment box. Instead, my comment box nowoverlaps with the doc text.
I changed the settings to display it on left and the left margin expanded to
fit it nicely but when I changed the setting back (to right), the box
overlaps again.

I never had this problem before and can't imagine what could've caused it.

Any help?

alicelove21 alicelove21 is offline
Junior Member

Default slope

As a last resort, if the issue persists, you can try resetting Word settings to their default values. Be cautious slope when doing this, as it will revert many settings to their defaults.