Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben K. Bullock

Default Table of contents like list for a numbered list of items

If I have a list of items which looks something like

1. A
Write a list
2. BB
This is the second item
3. XYZ
TABLE

etc., what is a good way to make a list of the numbered headings, so with
the above example,

1. A
2. BB
3. XYZ

without the information after the headings?

Thanks for any help with this, and also with previous queries.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cooz

Hi Ben,

Create a new style and apply it to the headings.
Choose Insert | Reference Index and Tables...
Choose Options...
In the dialog, enter 1 next to this style and remove the other entries that
are already filled in.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfactory answer to your question, and you are logged in
via Microsoft, please press the "Yes" button next to "Did this post answer

"Ben K. Bullock" wrote:

If I have a list of items which looks something like

1. A
Write a list
2. BB
This is the second item
3. XYZ
TABLE

etc., what is a good way to make a list of the numbered headings, so with
the above example,

1. A
2. BB
3. XYZ

without the information after the headings?

Thanks for any help with this, and also with previous queries.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben K. Bullock

"Cooz" wrote in message
Hi Ben,

Create a new style and apply it to the headings.
Choose Insert | Reference Index and Tables...
Choose Options...
In the dialog, enter 1 next to this style and remove the other entries
that
are already filled in.

Thanks for your answer. I got it working using your ideas. This newsgroup
really is extremely useful, I really learnt a lot here. Thanks again to you
and everyone else who answered one of my questions.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfactory answer to your question, and you are logged
in
via Microsoft, please press the "Yes" button next to "Did this post answer
the question?". Thank you.

I'm not logged in via Microsoft but via Usenet newsreader.