Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
telomollo telomollo is offline

Default Setting a hyperlink within a document to open in a different windo

I have set a hyperlink in a document. It works just fine. My question is
this; Is there a way to open the section where the hyperlink is in a new
window, without losing my spot where the hyperlink is located?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Adding the \n switch to the HYPERLINK field will cause it to open in a new
window.

"telomollo" wrote in message
I have set a hyperlink in a document. It works just fine. My question is
this; Is there a way to open the section where the hyperlink is in a new
window, without losing my spot where the hyperlink is located?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
telomollo telomollo is offline

Default Setting a hyperlink within a document to open in a different w

Hi Suzanne. Thanks for the tip. It has helped me navigate through the field
codes, however, in this case Word will not allow me to open the same document
with the same file name once the hyperlink is activated. I think that I have
found a way around the problem, bu tit may be useful for te people at MS to
come up with a solution that will allow a user to either split the window
automatically once the hyperlink is activated or open up a "temp" or "ghost"
file which a user can use to view the hyperlinked section while still
keeping the same place in the original document.

Cheers

"telomollo" wrote in message
I have set a hyperlink in a document. It works just fine. My question is
this; Is there a way to open the section where the hyperlink is in a new
window, without losing my spot where the hyperlink is located?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does Word even give you the option of opening as a copy or read-only?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Adding the \n switch to the HYPERLINK field will cause it to open in a

new
window.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.