Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] michael23@gmail.com is offline

Default MS Word 2003 -"Layout View" -can I scroll 1 page at a time? (show pgs 1/2 - pgs 2/3 - pgs 3/4, etc..)

Right now, on layout view, I can view pages 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, etc....

Is there a way to use "layout view", where I can view pages 1/2, then
scroll to view 2/3, then scroll to view 3/4.. etc....

Basically, I'd like to have the active page I'm working on in the left
panel, and the next page in the right panel.. as I move through a
document making edits/changes, all the "unedited" material is to the
right (at the end of the document) and all the "edited/finished"
material is to the left (at the beginning of the document. It's easier
for me to do workflow this way.

Maybe there's a hack, or a plugin, or a macro that will allow me to do
this....?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Right now, on layout view, I can view pages 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, etc....

Is there a way to use "layout view", where I can view pages 1/2, then
scroll to view 2/3, then scroll to view 3/4.. etc....

Basically, I'd like to have the active page I'm working on in the left
panel, and the next page in the right panel.. as I move through a
document making edits/changes, all the "unedited" material is to the
right (at the end of the document) and all the "edited/finished"
material is to the left (at the beginning of the document. It's easier
for me to do workflow this way.

No, it's not set up to work this way. For a time, during the beta, it
worked the way you'd like to see it. But not the way it does, currently.
It turned out the most people expected it to behave the way a book does,
so that's how it's designed to work.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org