Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Girley101 Girley101 is offline

Default New word Template not allowing footnotes

Hi
I have created a word template for briefing and because of the desired look
and help required in it I have opted for using protected sections in the
template (Filling in forms) which allows the user to freely type in the not
protectedsections. All the material I have read says the unprotectedsections
will allow free typing - which I believe should include footnotes However
this does not seem the case.

Any suggestions as to how to get Word to allow footnotes in a template
containing protected sections?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, there are lot of things you cannot do in a protected document,
even in an un-protected section. Unfortunately, inserting footnotes
seems to be one of those things.

Perhaps it is possible to create a work-around, using a macro similar
to the one presented here (to enable the spellchecker):
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...ProtectDoc.htm. You'd
better ask in a programming newsgroup for assistance with this.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP